The longest minute : the Great San Francisco earthquake and fire of 1906 / Matthew J. Davenport.
- ISBN: 9781250279279
- Physical Description: ix, 433 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm
- Edition: First edition: 2023.
- Publisher: New York : St. Martin's Press, 2023.
- Bibliography, etc.: Includes bibliographical references (pages 347-422) and index.
- Formatted Contents: Seeds of disaster -- The day before -- It seemed eternity -- Fire and no water -- Indescribable confusion -- The whole city will burn -- Black powder and dynamite -- Saving the waterfront -- A great city vanishing in flame -- Night as bright as day -- Too much for sleep -- The day of the end of the world -- Heroic efforts -- The second night -- The third day -- Extinguished -- Wilderness of ruins -- Undefeated.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||San Francisco Earthquake and Fire, Calif., 1906.
Earthquakes > California > San Francisco > History > 20th century.
Fires > California > San Francisco > History > 20th century.
San Francisco (Calif.) > History > 20th century.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.