Judgment at Tokyo : World War II on trial and the making of modern Asia / Gary J. Bass.
- ISBN: 9781101947104
- Physical Description: xi, 892 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm
- Publisher: New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2023.
- Bibliography, etc.: Includes bibliographical references (pages 697-850) and index.
- Formatted Contents: Part I: Genesis. Nuremberg to Tokyo ; Unconditional surrender ; "Prompt and utter destruction" ; Atomic fire ; Supreme commander ; Apprehensions ; "When the emperor violates the law" ; The god that failed ; The Imperial Hotel -- Part II: Catharsis. The anatomy of the Tokyo Trial ; "Asia for the Asiatics" ; The first conquest ; The rape of Nanjing ; Remember Pearl Harbor ; The narrow road to the deep north ; Eleven angry men ; The defense rises ; A very British coup ; Denial at Nanjing ; Self-defense at Pearl Harbor ; The emperor waltz ; "The great sorrow of my life" ; Tojo takes the stand -- Part III: Nemesis. Mr. X ; Days of judgment ; "Blowing up a ton of dynamite" ; Judgment at Tokyo ; Dissensus ; "I am wholly dissenting" ; Equal justice under law ; One minute after midnight ; A silent prayer ; The inescapable purge of comrade Mei ; Epilogue: Martyrs of Showa.
Search for related items by subject
- 0 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.