Divorce & money : make the best financial decisions during divorce / Attorney Lina Guillen.
- ISBN: 9781413331073
- ISSN: 2473-4497
- Physical Description: 514 pages ; 23 cm
- Edition: 14th edition October 2023.
- Publisher: [Berkeley, California] : Nolo, 2023.
- Note: "Includes worksheets to help you track your finances" --cover.
- Note: "Determine what you own, how much it's worth, and how to divide it" --Cover.
- Note: Includes index.
- Formatted Contents: Introduction: your financial companion during divorce -- Legal vs. financial realities of divorce -- Financial realities no one talks about -- Emotional divorce: managing the "money crazies" --The hardest part: is my marriage really over? -- The separation: what happens when one spouse moves out? -- Closing the books: what do we do with joint property? -- Getting help: whom can I turn to? -- Financial fact-finding: what must I know and when must I know it? -- Facing the future: what must I plan for? -- Protecting against risks to life, health, and property -- Taxes: how do I file and pay? -- Property and expenses: who owns and who owes what? -- What will happen to the house? -- Retirement benefits: who gets what? -- Financial investments: how do we divide the portfolio pie? -- Evaluating employee benefits and stock options -- How will we divide debts? -- Child support and alimony: what might I pay or receive? -- Negotiating and finalizing the best possible settlement -- After the divorce: how do I get from "we" to "me."
Search for related items by subject
|Genre:||Law for laypersons.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.