The canceling of the American mind : cancel culture undermines trust and threatens us all--but there is a solution / by Greg Lukianoff and Rikki Schlott.
- ISBN: 9781668019146
- Physical Description: xiii, 443 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Simon & Schuster hardcover edition October 2023.
- Publisher: New York : Simon and Schuster, 2023.
- Bibliography, etc.: Includes bibliographical references (pages -409) and index.
- Formatted Contents: Foreword: by Jonathan Haidt -- Introduction: Pandora's toolbox -- Case study : Hamline University -- The gaslighting of the American mind -- The slow-motion trainwreck -- Campuses remain ground zero -- Case study : the story of Mike Adams -- DEI statements and the conformity gauntlet -- Case study : Covid-19 -- No-man's-land -- Case study : journalism -- The perfect rhetorical fortress -- Case study : the fortress in action: Stanford Law School -- Legislating censorship on the right -- Case study : campus cancel culture from the right -- The efficient rhetorical fortress -- Case study : psychotherapy -- Social media, polarization, and radicalization -- Case study : science and medicine -- Raising kids who are not cancelers -- Case study : publishing -- Keeping your corporation out of the culture war -- Case study : comedy -- Fixing K-12 -- Case study : Yale University -- Reforming higher education -- The adulthood of the American mind.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Cancel culture > United States > Case studies.
United States > Civilization.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.