The best American food writing 2023 / edited and with an introduction by Mark Bittman ; Silvia Killingsworth, series editor.
- ISBN: 9780063322523
- ISSN: 2578-7667
- Physical Description: xxii, 181 pages ; 21 cm.
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York : Mariner Books, 
- Copyright: ©2023
- Bibliography, etc.: Includes bibliographical references (pages -177).
- Formatted Contents: Restriction as possibility; lifestyle as politics /Alicia Kennedy --Salt and sex /Amy Loeffler --Border lines /Anya Von Bremzen --What counts as fresh fish? /Bee Wilson --The double life of New York's black oyster king /Briona Lamback --The elusive roots of rosin potatoes /Caroline Hatchett --Detroit's Chinatown and Gayborhood felt like two separate worlds. Then they collided /Curtis Chin --Time is strong /David Streitfeld --Foraging New York City's wild, edible margins with Journei Bimwala /Grey Moran --He knew it all /Hugh Merwin --Is the "future of food" the future we want? /Jaya Saxena --Kimchi with a side of whale /Jennifer Fergesen --There is no such thing as Italian food /John Last --"You don't look anorexic" /Kate Siber --Teach a man to fish /Kayla Stewart --Thanksgiving is an RPG /Khadjiah Johnson --Effortless Anonymity /Lyndsay C. Green --What we write about when we write about food /Ligaya Mishan --On the road, a taste of home /Madhushree Ghosh --Regulating the food industry: an inspirational agenda /Marion Nestle --The FDA is coming for your almond milk /Tom Philpott --Tales of a accidental cooking club /Mike Diago --Black farmers in Arkansas still seek justice a century after the Elaine Massacre /Wesley Brown.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Food writing > United States.
Food > Literary collections.
Cooking > Literary collections.
Gastronomy > Literary collections.
Dinners and dining > Literary collections.
Food habits > Literary collections.
Search for related items by series
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.