The best American science & nature writing 2023 / edited and with an introduction by Carl Zimmer ; Jaime Green, series editor.
- ISBN: 9780063293212
- ISSN: 1530-1508
- Physical Description: xix, 248 pages ; 21 cm.
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York : Mariner Books, 
- Copyright: ©2023
- Bibliography, etc.: Includes bibliographical references (pages -243).
- Formatted Contents: An invisible epidemic /Elizabeth Svoboda, from Scientific American --The myopia generation /Sarah Zhang, from The Atlantic --A deepening crisis forces physicists to rethink structure of nature's laws /Natalie Wolchover, from Quanta Magazine --The coming collapse /Douglas Fox, from Scientific American --My metamorphosis /Sabrina Imbler, from Harper's Bazaar --The bird and the flame /Sarah Gilman, from Audubon --Dislodged /Josh McColough, from The Missouri Review --Bright flight /Vanessa Gregory, from Harper's Magazine --Brain wave /Ferris Jabr, from The New York Time Magazine --The Provincetown breakthrough /McKenna, Maryn, from Wired --True grit /Mackinnon, J. B., from The Atavist Magazine --Another green world /Jessica Camille Aduirre, from Harper's Magazine --A French village's radical vision of a good life with alzheimer's /Marion Renault, from The New Yorker --In El Salvador and beyond, an unsolved kidney disease mystery /Fletcher Reveley, from Undark --The climate underground /Emily Benson, from High Country News --The butterfly effect /Maggie Koerth, from FiveThirtyEight --Shadows, tokens, spring /Ben Mauk, from The Virginia Quarterly Review --An ark for amphibians /Isobel Whitcomb, from Sierra --Don't look down /Lois Parshley, from Grist --American motherhood /Annie Lowrey, from The Atlantic.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Science > Literary collections.
Nature > Literary collections.
Search for related items by series
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.