Punished for dreaming : how school reform harms Black children and how we heal / Bettina L. Love.
- ISBN: 9781250280381
- Physical Description: 338 pages ; 22 cm
- Edition: First edition: 2023.
- Publisher: New York : St. Martin's Press, 2023.
- Bibliography, etc.: Includes bibliographical references (pages -328) and index.
- Formatted Contents: Introduction -- Setting the stage: educational white rage -- Black children at risk -- Scraps -- No entrepreneur left behind -- Erasure -- Carceral inevitability -- Standardizing carcerality -- White philanthropy -- The trap of diversity, equity, and inclusion -- White people, save yourselves -- Let us celebrate -- A call for educational reparations.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||African American children > Education.
Discrimination in education > United States.
Educational change > Social aspects > United States.
School-to-prison pipeline > United States.
- 2 of 3 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Community Library (Sunbury).
- 0 current holds with 3 total copies.